Meet Your Surgeon
I am a surgeon with a major interest in Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, Weight Loss surgery, Hernia surgery and all aspects of General surgery.
After graduating with Honours from Monash University Medical School in 1997 and completing surgical training at the Austin hospital in Melbourne, I obtained my Fellowship in General Surgery with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2007. I went on to complete advanced training in Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery at Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong.
Since returning to Australia in 2009, I have trained in various specialised weight loss and hernia centres in the United States, Europe and Australia.
I am highly experienced in minimally invasive gallbladder surgery. As an instructor, I have taught the latest techniques to current surgeons as well as surgical trainees. Over the years, I have performed and supervised more than 3,000 gallbladder removal operations.
With over 15 years experience in managing surgical patients, I endeavour to provide a comprehensive and personalised service of the highest standard to each of my patient.
Mr Steven Karametos's interests include:
- Minimally invasive surgery for Gallbladder disease
- Advanced Laparoscopic hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic Weight Loss & Metabolic Surgery
- Complex Abdominal Hernia repair with Component Separation
- Gastric & Intestinal Malignancy
- Management of Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease and disorders of the oesophagus
- Para-oesophageal Hiatal Hernia Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy
- Carpal Tunnel Release (<1cm Incision)
- Minimally invasive surgery for Haemorrhoids
- General surgery -All aspects
Memberships & Positions Held:
- Medical Advisory Committee Knox Private Hospital
- Clinical Review Committee Knox Private Hospital
- Theatre Review Committee Knox Private Hospital
Read More About...